By Matt Skoufalos
1. Varian Medical Systems of Palo Alto, California has named Terilyn Juarez Monroe its chief people officer and senior vice president of human resources, replacing the retiring Wendy Scott. Monroe was most recently chief people and culture officer/senior vice president of human resources at Acxiom, and previously spent 13 years at Intuit where she was chief diversity officer and director of talent engagement.
2. KUBTEC of Stratford, Connecticut named Douglas Cline its vice president of clinical sales, North America. Cline joins the company from Halyard Health, where he was regional vice president of acute pain management business.
3. Donald L. Kramer retired from the board of directors of Nobilis Health Corp. of Houston, Texas. Chief Executive Officer Harry Fleming has been named chairman of the board, “and will serve in an executive chairman capacity,” according to a statement from the company.
4. Peyton Elliott has been named chief executive officer of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division-affiliated Park Plaza Hospital. Elliott was most recently vice president of operations and finance at Houston Methodist West Hospital; he’s worked at Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital, Houston Methodist Hospital System, and Trinity Mother Frances Hospital in Tyler.
5. Millennium Health of San Diego has named Dave Henderson its chief information officer. Most recently, Henderson was chief information officer for GenomeDx Biosciences; he has also been chief information officer at Sequenom Inc.
6. MemorialCare Miller Children’s & Women’s Hospital Long Beach of Long Beach, California has named Graham Tse its associate chief medical officer. Tse has worked in the hospital’s pediatric ICU for 17-plus years. He is board-certified in pediatrics and pediatric critical care, is a member of the Society of Critical Care Medicine, and is a fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons in Canada.
7. Empiric Health of Salt Lake City, Utah named Justin Schaper its chief technology officer. Schaper was most recently senior vice president of analytics for Intermedix, and had been chief information officer for PSR, which was acquired by Intermedix.
8. Northwell Health of New Hyde Park, New York has named Richard Miller its executive vice president and chief business strategy officer and Michele Cusack its senior vice president and chief financial officer. Both succeed executive vice president Bob Shapiro, who is retiring after 17 years at his position. Before joining Northwell in 2008, Miller was previously chief financial officer for NYU Hospitals Center, and will remain chair of the Northwell Health Plans Holding Company. Cusack is a CPA who has been with Northwell since 1996, and has been deputy chief financial officer and senior vice president of finance since 2016.