By Matt Skoufalos
1. The Joint Commission (TJC) has named Kenneth Monroe the senior associate director of its department of engineering, succeeding outgoing director George Mills. Monroe previously was an associate project director in the TJC Department of Standards and Survey Methods. He has more than 25 years in the health care field, including as facility director at a 1.3-million-square-foot health care center, and has taught project management at the graduate school level. Monroe holds a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering as well as an MBA from Northwestern University.
2. Royal Philips of Amsterdam, the Netherlands, has promoted its global ultrasound business leader Vitor Rocha to CEO of Philips North America. Rocha has spent 20 years in the field, having joined Philips in 2010 as the leader of the Latin American market for its health care sector.
3. MW Imaging has promoted Matthew Nafziger to operations manager. Nafziger has been with MW Imaging since January 2014 and most recently served as the marketing and inventory control leader.
4. Hologic Inc. has added director Namal Nawana, former CEO of Alere Inc., which was acquired by Abbott Laboratories in October 2017. Nawana spent 15 years at Johnson & Johnson and has a master’s degree in medical science from the University of Adelaide, South Australia, and an MBA from Henley Management College.
5. Accuray Inc. has added Beverly A. Huss, president and CEO of Qool Therapeutics, to its board of directors. Huss also serves on the boards of Qool, Surefire Medical Inc. and Madorra. She has been president and CEO of Vibrynt Inc. and held multiple senior level leadership positions at Guidant Corporation.
6. EQ2 has named Rich Sable product manager for its HEMS Computerized Maintenance Management System. Sable, a CBET, formerly managed the clinical engineering department at St. Francis Medical Center in Trenton, New Jersey, and holds dual degrees in biomedical engineering and information technology and management.
7. Taiho Oncology has promoted senior vice president and COO Timothy Whitten to president. Whitten has been president and CEO of Transave/lnsmed, senior vice president of marketing for Pharmacyclics, and spent 17 years at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Whitten has an MBA from the University of Virginia.
8. Verity Health has named Richard Adcock its CEO. Adcock was executive vice president and chief innovation officer for Sanford Health, has been director of engineering for GE Medical Systems, and was co-owner and vice president of research and development at Micro Medical Systems.
9. The InterMed Group has added Robi Ballicu as director of business development. Ballicu entered the medical device business in 2006 with Global Medical Imaging, where she later worked as regional manager for diagnostic ultrasound products and services and, most recently, as national strategic accounts manager.
10. ECRI Institute has named Marcus Schabacker its new President-CEO. Schabacker is a board-certified anesthesiologist and intensive care specialist who worked in clinical and academic practice in Germany and South Africa before transitioning to the medical device space. Schabacker was most recently corporate vice president and chief scientific officer at Baxter; he succeeds the retiring Jeffrey Lerner, who led ERCI since 2001 and will continue as president emeritus of the institute.
11. PENTAX Medical has promoted Global Chief Marketing Officer David Woods to president of PENTAX Medical of the Americas. Woods has been with the company since 1998 as director of national accounts; he was promoted to vice president of business development in 2001, and president of the Americas in 2004.
12. Kaiser Permanente has named Kathryn Beiser its senior vice president and chief communications officer for Kaiser Foundation Health Plan Inc. and Hospitals.
13. Broward Health of Fort Lauderdale, Florida added Kiera Page as its new corporate chief human resources officer, Andrew K. Ta as its chief medical officer (CMO), and Jorge F. Hernandez as vice president of supply chain and chief procurement officer. Page was most recently director of human resources at Jackson North Medical Center in Miami, and has a master’s degree from Rutgers University. Ta has been CMO for Florida International University’s College of Medicine, associate CMO at Jackson Medical Group and Physician Services, and an attending physician at Aventura Hospital and Medical Center; he was most recently an attending physician at West Kendall Baptist Hospital. I